October 18-19, 2012, Columbia University, New York, NY
On October 18-19, the Waste-to-Energy Research and Technology Council hosted its 2012 Bi-Annual Conference at Columbia University in the City of New York. There were 18 presentations and 16 posters in the meeting. The WtERT 2012 Award was presented to “Waste Management World” journal of ISWA for outstanding contribution to disseminating information and advancing waste management worldwide during the first decade of the 21st century.
WtERT greatly appreciates all the speakers and participants for their contribution to the 2012 WtERT Conference.
- Sven Andersson (Gotaverken Miljo AB, Sweden)
- Ranjith Annepu (WtERT-India)
- Marco Castaldi (WtERT-US)
- Stefano Cernuschi (Politecnico Di Milano, Italy)
- Peter Chromec (Hitachi Zosen Inova U.S.A. LLC)
- Stefano Consonni (Politecnico Di Milano, Italy)
- Craig Cookson (American Chemistry Council, U.S.A.)
- Tom Freyberg (Waste Management World, U.K.)
- John Foden (WtERT-Canada)
- Steve Goff (Steve Goff, U.S.A.)
- Paul Hauck (CDM Smith, U.S.A.)
- Bettina Kamuk (ISWA, U.S.A)
- Ralf Koralewska (Martin GmbH, Germany)
- Ted Michaels (Energy Recovery Council, U.S.A.)
- Franz Neubacher (UV&P, Austria)
- Sergio Ribeiro (WtERT-Brasil)
- Ella Stenglar (CEWEP, EU)
- Prof. N.J. Themelis (Earth & Env. Eng., Columbia U., U.S.A.)
- Jurgen Vehlow (Institute of Technical Chemistry, Germany)
Presentation by Prof. N.J. Themelis (WtERT Chair) of the WtERT 2012 Industry Award to “Waste Management World” Journal.
Waste Management World wins the award for its significant contribution to disseminating the cutting-edge news of the industry. It is the most widely available and read waste management magazine in the world and in 2000-2010 published hundreds of enlightening articles about sustainable waste management.
The sponsorship of the following organizations is gratefully acknowledged: